This iPhone and iPad app development course is designed to get you started in iPhone app development.
This course is hands-on and instructor-led.
It includes Interface Builder, Xcode, Swift, Cocoa Touch programming, and the APIs included in the iOS SDK.
After completing our iPhone app training course you would be able to build applications for iPhone and iPad.
At the end of the course we will build a practical iPhone App in the class.
This course is for you if you are a programmer and interested in using Swift to build your own iPhone and iPad apps.
Introduction Advanced iOS Development course
- Introducing the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- What is it like developing for Apple’s Platform?
- What is Swift
- Xcode IDE as a development tool
- The iOS Developer Center, Programme and SDK
- Introduction to Swift
- Use Swift for iPhone/iPad development
- syntax and constructs
- allocate and deallocate objects
- How to define properties
- memory management and ARC
- Foundation classes
- message sending at runtime (dynamic binding)
Cocoa Touch Design Patterns:
- Coca Touch for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- What are object-oriented design patterns?
- Object-oriented libraries of Coca touch
- What is Model-View-Controller (MVC)?
- Use of delegation
- How to declare a protocol
- What does foundation provide?
- Using NSString and NSArray
- Using Dictionaries
- Using NSXMLParser
- Using NSURLConnection
Xcode IDE as a development tool
- Use Xcode IDE for building iPhone applications
- Debugging and editing using Xcode IDE
- Manage project resources
- Visual Interface design
View and View Controllers
- What are views and view Controllers?
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design for Apps
- Design Views
- Connect view to controllers
- Apple's pre-built view controllers
Interface builder GUI Tool
- How to design applications using Interface Builder
- Connect interface to your code
- File's Owner and First Responder
- What is a Table View
- Create data source and a delegate
- Insert and delete table data
- Navigate between tables using navigation controllers
- Use of images and other resources in an app
- How to use images
- What are gesture recognizers
- Touch Events
- Taps, swipes and pinches
- How to use built in Animations
- Using blocks to write custom animations
- Application Life Cycle
- The runloop
- What are notification centers?
- iPhone's built in sensors
- Local / Push Notifications
iPhone and iPad virtual keyboard
- Use of virtual keyboard
- The responder chain
- Using delegates to control keyboard input
iPad App Development:
- Difference between iPhone and iPad App
- Build a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Split-View Controller
Performance and Debugging:
- Find and fix problems
- Eliminate hot spots and slow code
- Instruments utility
- Create navigation in an iPhone App
- How to use Apple's navigation controller
- User of the tab bar controller
Integrate with Apple APIs:
- Integrate your app with Address Book
- Integration with Maps
- Integration with Safari.
- Integration with Messaging
- The iOS5 Twitter API
Integration with 3rd Party APIs
- What is JSON
- What is a RESTful API?
- Use of JSON in your app
- The main thread
- Working with threads
- Using Grand Central Dispatch on iOS
Submitting your app for approval
- How to submit app?
- What to consider before submitting app
Projects on iPhone App Development Course:
Project: Build a complete iPhone application
On this course you will build a complete real world iPhone application in class with an experienced iOS developer as mentor.
Time: Monday to Friday: 7pm-9pm GMT
Duration: 12 weeks
Next intake: 25th of April 2022